• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spherical ice molds

lesliec

I'm looking for something to make small (2cm/1 inch) ice spheres and they're proving impossible to find locally or on Amazon. These ones:

Sphere ice.jpg

would be ideal. They come from a company called Gourmac, which hasn't answered my email about distributors closer to home.

One of my colleagues will shortly be coming to Los Angeles on holiday. Can anybody suggest a few possible places she might find something like this? I'm thinking maybe a good department store, but I really have no idea. I'm not sure where she'll be staying, but I know it's a kids' trip so I would assume somewhere in the vicinity of Disneyland.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Have you checked out Bed, Bath & Beyond? There's also a "bar supply" place in West LA on one of those streets between Sepulveda & the 405. I can see it in my mind, just north of Pico. Sorry, don't know what it's called.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks, JFL. BBB doesn't list them on their site, but they may be worth a try. I'll search for 'bar supplies' as well to see what comes up.

And thanks also, jk1002. There are some on eBay in the UK but they're a little bigger than I want (and may also be patterned like golf balls).

Still looking ...

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

I actually would ebay them, ice cube trays are actually somewhat rare these days since many fridges come with a ice maker.

You will have a hard time finding them in a dept store.

Whse77c is where i bought mine from on ebAy. He has some right now, 1 1/4 inch diameter, is just that the plastic breaks easily when they are cold so be careful.

Fantastic! Funny I didn't find this one in my earlier searches, but there you are ...

They look like they'll do the trick, and I've ordered them. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

My eG Foodblog