• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

shreveport recommendations

Loois

1. Strawn's Eat Shop - on Kings Highway across from Centenary College -great icebox pies. coconut, chocolate, strawberry. they also have a good breakfast and a meat and three lunch. Strawn's Too is located off Youree Drive and East 70th near Target if you are in that area.

2. Jacquelyn's - lunch place only on Jordan Street at the edge of downtown. I love their crabmeat salad, the soups are good as well.

3. Superior Grill - Mexican, been there for years, always packed. the house margaritas are overpriced but the top-shelf ones are pretty good, most people i know order fajitas or the puffy crispy taco or the superior salad, beef is better than chicken.

4. Superior Steakhouse - Pierremont and LIne Avenue. their lunch is great. dinner tends to be more expensive. and it is one of the few places in town to hang out at the bar ot get a drink.

5. Chianti - Italian restaurant. if you like fish get the snapper albert

6. Two Johns - in Bossier - people are raving about this place htat's new, i have yet to go there. if you are going to be in Bossier, i may be able to give you a few more recommendations.

7. Counter culture - yogurt stand across from Centenary (there's also one on line avenue) kind of like Pinkberry, get the Humphrey yogurt with three types of fresh fruit, granola and honey

That's it off the top of my head, if I think of more will repost. Also, if you are alone and want a little company, PM me and maybe we could meet up.

Thanks so much. I hit Strawn's Too twice- it was really close to the hotel. Amazing old school grilled ham & cheese! I had crawfish at Savoie's and a meal at Superior Grill. The chips and salsa were great. I tried to go to the steak place, but they were closed on Sunday.

I ate lunch at Cush's Grocery per a friend of a friend. It was so cute and they make a good cupcake.

I appreciate the time you guys took to respond. There is nothing worse than being stuck in a strange place and eating terrible food! You saved me.

Edited by Loois (log)