• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

World peace cookies in very small batches

isomer

I don't know about you, but it's far too dangerous (healthwise) for me to keep a batch of World Peace Cookies on the counter. They're far too addictive. So normally I only make them when I plan to give away most of the batch and just keep a few around for nibbling.

So in the interests of health, I tried an experiement. I cut 3 cookies from the log, put them on a plate, and microwaved them on 70% power for about 90 seconds. And it worked!!! They cooled on the plate, and were almost as good as out of the oven!

So now I can keep the cookie dough safely out of reach in a vacuum bag in the freezer, and make as few cookies at a time as, uh, needed. :blink:

Oh no! If it works for World Peace Cookies it'll work for many things! So much for the winter weight coming off!! It is good to know though.

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality. Clifton Fadiman

and I thought I was the only one with restraint problems. This is my absolute favorite cookie!

I do almost the same thing. I form the cookies individually and (plastic)wrap them before they go in the freezer (raw). I don't like to cut through the frozen log because I don't like cutting through a chip (I cut blocks of Callebaut chocolate to get my chips and I like to keep what chunks I end up with whole for that gooey chocolatey effect). Then when I want some WPCs (like for dessert) I cook them off in the oven (14 minutes instead of 12). Just did it last night, in fact. We sit down for dinner just as the cookies come out of the oven... they are still warm when we get to dessert.

Next time I will try your microwave method... sounds promising!

yum!

What's a world peace cookie? Can you point me to a recipe?

This is my skillet. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My skillet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my skillet is useless. Without my skillet, I am useless. I must season my skillet well. I will. Before God I swear this creed. My skillet and myself are the makers of my meal. We are the masters of our kitchen. So be it, until there are no ingredients, but dinner. Amen.