• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch near Place Vendome

Roger le goéland

Since no one has chimed in on Postale, I can give you some second-hand input. The restaurant is just a half block from one of my former clients. They were all foodies, and had mixed opinions of the place. Apparently the signature dishes are not available on the Menu, and if you order off the Carte the tab gets quite expensive, approaching 100 Euros, before wine etc. No one had negative comments about the food. Give it a try.

Chez Flottes itself is't that bad. Aligote is always available, and included with the Confit de Canard. We tend to eat in the bar area, along with the locals. I never had a bad duck dish here; give it a try.