• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner in or near Tappahannock, VA

HD73

This weekend, I'm going to be making a trek from Philadelphia to Tappahannock, Virginia to visit some in-laws. The current plan is to go out to dinner with a small group (5 people) on Saturday night.

I was tasked with picking the spot for dinner, with the only qualification that it NOT be Lowery's. Don't ask.

Initially, this didn't seem like it would be much of a challenge, and I turned to my usual sources for restuarant knowledge with hopes of finding some great Tidewater joint where we could enjoy the fruits (raw, fried, shelled and clawed) of the local environment.

Alas, I have struck out entirely. At this point, I am entirely open to any type of cuisine (great Chinese? Fine!), and to any restaurant within a thirty-minute drive of Tappahannock. Any distance greater than that will probably be a non-starter with the in-laws.

Please let me know if anyone out there has a suggestion that might fit the bill. My thanks in advance.