• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Underground/Supper clubs in Manhattan

John Ferris

Hi all, I'm a Belfast (Ireland) based food journalist who'll be in New York between 5th - 10th April and I'd love to try out one of the underground/supper clubs (not sure of what they're called out there). Can anyone point me in the right direction online?

Also, any suggestions on where to have lunch/dinner considering it's in two weeks and so booking might be difficult? I tried booking Jean George's on Open Table but no availability, going to try calling tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not say that Bite Club is dead, I would say they are sleeping. I recently met them at a charity event. They were cooking some very amazing tasting goat. They recently purchased a place in Brooklyn and are in the process of building a kitchen. I believe they should be open by October so this will not fit into your criteria.

Bite Club will be open in Broolyn after the summer. I hope to work with them if they are reading this. They are very talented.

Edited by basquecook (log)

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK