• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Cooking With Dog"

Kuma

No, not as an ingredient !!

Has anyone watched the "Cooking With Dog" series on Youtube, starring Francis, the cute gray poodle?

They've got some really great recipes and I find it really helpful to be able to see the dishes being made and follow along.

The latest one is Tai Chazuke and it looks really tasty. I thought I'd share it here, because I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy it.

PS: That's the first time I've ever seen green onion (that's Negi, isn't it?) sliced like that with the yellow core removed. Our Negi in Australia isn't sold in the large size like that, it's generally only as thick as a pencil.

Cheers,

Rob.

I love that show. It's my favorite show on the internet.

Originally, I found it because I did a web search for recipes for Oden, but since then I've used the shows to learn how to cook chawanmushi, okonomiyaki, takoyaki and lots of other great dishes. I love the episode about bento, too.

I can't wait to see which dish they'll do next.

No, not as an ingredient !!

Has anyone watched the "Cooking With Dog" series on Youtube, starring Francis, the cute gray poodle?

They've got some really great recipes and I find it really helpful to be able to see the dishes being made and follow along.

The latest one is Tai Chazuke and it looks really tasty. I thought I'd share it here, because I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy it.

PS: That's the first time I've ever seen green onion (that's Negi, isn't it?) sliced like that with the yellow core removed. Our Negi in Australia isn't sold in the large size like that, it's generally only as thick as a pencil.

Cheers,

Rob.

Thanks for the link. I haven't watched the series before.

The negi is naga negi, not ao negi.

Such slices of naga negi ar called shiraga negi 白髪ねぎ (lit. "white hair" negi).

Thanks for the tip TFOS - I've now subscribed to that one as well. :cool:

Hiroyuki - THAT's the reason. I will look for this in my japanese supermarket when I'm there next. In the meantime I'll have to substitute the ao negi instead.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping the thread. I have enjoyed "cukeeng with dogge" ... but have somehow forgotten about them. Hope she gets better soon.

There is no love more sincere than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw

• 10 months later...