• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CSA's

I know there are plenty of excellent CSA's here in Philly.

We have been members of different ones for the past 15 years at least.

Anyway, full disclosure, we are hosting at our house in Northern Liberties- a pick up this year.

Wimer Organics.

http://www.wimersorganics.com

Wed pickup from 5:30-7:00, we're totally looking forward to it.

Love to hear about other experiences with CSA's.

Philly Francophiles

I've been using Full Belly Farm for more than a year. They deliver fresah produce weekly to several local drop off spots and, for a few extra dollars, will deliver directly to the house. Apart from produce, which, because of its unique nature sometimes, Full Belly provides a few recipes along with the box of goodies. Lamb is also available at certain times of the year and comes butchered and packed. Sometimes local organic wine is also available (although I've not tried it) as well as fresh pressed apple juic e and cider.

The lamb is some of the best I've tasted, and the pressed juice and cider is quite good as well.

Sincde I moved, getting to the local CSA dropoff point has been a little difficult and I may have the produce delivered if it will continue being difficult to pick up the produce easily.

... Shel