• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Coffee Snack....

reuvens

I'm partial to biscotti of any variety, though I'll suffer through some sort of chocolate candy if I really have to - SKOR bars go amazingly well with coffee :smile: .

I buy the bags of mini Daims at Ikea and have learned to, as my coffee is brewing, dole out three candies from the bag and then to seal it and put it away. The putting away of the bag is very important, because if it remains within reach then I end up with a small mountain of red wrappers before my coffee is finished.

I have not yet learned how to do that, and always end up with a small mountain of red wrappers - and I can unwrap those suckers quickly.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Buenos Aires does inspire breaking all rules, esp when it comes to food. :biggrin: (Great picture, by the way!) I love the medialunas with a cafe con leche. Nothing like it anywhere else!

That crumb cake looks scrumptious. I'd love the recipe. Thank you!

Edited by Corinna (log)

Corinna Heinz, aka Corinna

Check out my adventures, culinary and otherwise at http://corinnawith2ns.blogspot.com/

stroopwaffle&cafe con Leche.JPG

Stroopwaffle with cafe con leche (unsweetened as the stroopwaffle is sweet enough as it is).

I ordered a box after posting the link and they arrived this morning.

Perfect!

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

pumpkin olive oil bread warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave and spread with a lavendar honey whipped goat cheese

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I vote for a square of date nut bread with a piped-on flourish of cream cheese.

Oh yes.......date & nut bread with CC....got go make some ASAP. Anyone got a recipe ? LOL Got the CC already.

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

• 2 weeks later...