• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: Mark West Pinot Noir 2008 great QPR @ $11.99 and 87 pts

Don Giovanni

TN: Mark West Pinot Noir 2008 great QPR @ $11.99 and 87 pts... TN: Mark West Pinot Noir 2008 great QPR @ $11.99 and 87 pts...

This wine has nice color, not inked up with a blend...garnet red not deep...

The nose is strawberry, raspberry, with the cherry kick this comes through on the taste with a very supple finish...the wine was French oaked and not done in new oak as far as I can tell, as this would have killed it...round tannins , easy drinking...nice spice of earth and clove in the background...no bitter snap or alc bite at all...

the best part is this does not taste like over ripe candy...great QPR @ $11.99 I grabbed 1/2 case and will go back for more...score solid 87 points...drink now through the next 4 years...

alc by vol 13.9 % smooth...

Big shout out to the man who gave us all this tip ...nice call ...Bob Hunnicutt..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tasting note, now I have to go wine shopping.

**Like I needed another excuse to.... :smile:

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I think it is bland. I can't tell if it is pinot whatever or Grenache and something--we get it for $7 and it is overpriced. Bad eateries sell it for $25.

Cooking is chemistry, baking is alchemy.