• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Rest. w/ online Gift Certificates

This is short notice, and unorthodox, so apologies in advance.

We have a colleague who is leaving our office :( and moving to Seattle. One of the ideas for a send off gift is to give her a gift certificate for a nice restaurant in Seattle. As the timing is a little tight, it would have to be one that somehow does online gift certificates. Since nice places likely have no such thing I might be out of luck. But I thought I would ask in the Seattle forum.

Price range would be around 100 to 150 for a couple.

Thanks a bunch!

Mark.

I think most restaurants would welcome the opportunity to pre-sell you a gift certificate and either email you or send a paper certificate.

I received one from Canlis a couple of years ago - it was a small card tucked into a suede envelope tucked into a smallish box. Very classy.

La Medusa sent a paper certificate in a fancy envelope.

You might have to do a preliminary card with the info and follow it with the actual certificate if your timing is that tight.

Another good option would be Ethan Stowell's restaurant group - lots of options to choose from. Here is one of the 4 (am I missing one?):

http://www.howtocookawolf.com/

Nice parting gift! If you know what neighborhood they are moving to, we could suggest something that might be close to home.