• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brindle Room

Stone

Greetings, and apologies for a bit of a shill. My buddy Jeremy Spector is opening Brindle Room this Friday night, in the East Village. It's on 10th St. between 1st and Ave. A (the old Persimmon space). Jeremy has previously been at Employees Only, Schiller's and other places around the city. Happy to answer any questions about the food, to the extent I can. Here's a shot at the menu:

24572_355034930945_333344770945_4252077_4190763_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK, I actually stopped by here last night for drinks and snacks. The wine list is small but reasonable in choice and price. My wife's Sancerre was perhaps more international in style than I like, but was tasty, and the Jura rose sparkler was interesting. The brandade was rich and creamy, like Balthazar's rather than the gratin style at Ten Bells. The potted shrimp were nice, with a flavorful sauce to soak the bread. Nothing earth-shattering, but a useful add to the area.

According to Eater:

EAST VILLAGE—East Village restaurant The Brindle Room (277 East 10th) has a new special: free bruschetta with any purchase of win. The bruschettas are smoke trout and white bean puree and English pea and Parmasian. [EaterWire]

[Photo courtesy The Brindle Room]