• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the New (again!) Ho-Ho-Kus Inn (ho-Ho-Kus)

jtphjl

Four visits to the Ho-Ho-Kus Inn and all I can tell you is the the Burgers keep me coming back! OK and the homemade pretzles, the corn bread, OK the full bread basket - crisy fries (once ordered crispy onions) thick hand molded burgers on brioche with sharp cheddar -- I snuggle into one of the leather club chairs in the bar room and the day can fade away. I am partial to Mondavi Reds - however the wine and beer list is attractive! The new Inn offers a choice of rooms for more formal dining and two bar rooms -- I had every intention of eating from the grown up menu and reporting back - however, I continue to satisfy the crave or burgers where Maple Ave dead ends... Has anyone else been back to the Inn???

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler