• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Chris Hennes

Best Fast Food Burger

I've never been to a Freddy's I'm guessing they aren't a lot like S'n'S if people really like to go there. The only thing good about S'n'S is that their prices are very reasonable (cheap). Actually, their fries and shakes are quite good also but I certainly can't give their burgers a very high mark. They are very thin, greasy and flavorless.

@Chimayo Joe

there seems to be a Smash near me

I might take many Hits for the Team and take a Taste

for me

for the SmokeShake

do not buy SS fries

they are terrible

stop at a 5 Guys and get your Potato Fix there

will not be disappointed in either case.

Smashburger has a burger with cheese, guacamole, and fresh jalapenos. It's pretty good. I dislike the shoestring fries though. 

I had Freddy's once, a few years back in Manhattan, KS when my daughter was at K-State. Seemed ok, nothing too memorable. 

There's a Shake Shack that opened about a mile from our house here in Lexington. Haven't been yet.