• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

9 hours ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

Five Guys — dry burgers and soggy fries.

I reckon, as with any franchise, your experience is subject to variance by location. Our local Five Guy's is very good. Pricier than McDonald's et al, but well worth it IMO. It's in the running for a "Best Burger in the Triangle" contest. I assume that is the various locations throughout the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, not just the location a mile from my house.

10 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

SO was gifted an Applebee's birthday gift certificate back in early May...so, we went to Applebee's and placed our orders.

I ordered a burger, and, it was real good (other than being a bit over-seasoned!)

I was shocked!

I was definitely not impressed with the place the couple other times I'd been there!!!!

Maybe it was a fluke! Maybe I had one too many beers! NEVER!!!!

No, it really was one of the best burgers I've had from a place like that!

9 hours ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

Five Guys — dry burgers and soggy fries.

I reckon, as with any franchise, your experience is subject to variance by location. Our local Five Guy's is very good. Pricier than McDonald's et al, but well worth it IMO. It's in the running for a "Best Burger in the Triangle" contest. I assume that is the various locations throughout the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, not just the location a mile from my house.

6 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

SO was gifted an Applebee's birthday gift certificate back in early May...so, we went to Applebee's and placed our orders.

I ordered a burger, and, it was real good (other than being a bit over-seasoned!)

I was shocked!

I was definitely not impressed with the place the couple other times I'd been there!!!!

Maybe it was a fluke! Maybe I had one too many beers! NEVER!!!!

No, it really was one of the best burgers I've had from a place like that!