• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Good Quality Canned Soup

Shel_B

Hi, Finding some high quality canned soups, perhaps even organic, has become something of a priority. The usual soups, Campbell's, Progresso, and even some of the organics, tend to be overly salted, watery, and sometimes lacking in quality and quantity of solid ingredients. Around here a can of soup can be as much as $3.00 or more, and while soup can be had on sale, for that kind of money it would be nice to have better quality ingredients in the can.

So, what do you recommend as a quality canned soup? All types interest me - chowders, vegetable soups, meat soups, etc.

... Shel

Along the same lines, Pacific Natural Foods Organic Soup boxes are wonderful. I especially like the roasted red pepper, tomato and the butternut squash soup. I also like that you can buy it in the big boxes or smaller "can-size" boxes.

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow

Trader Joe's boxed soups. :smile:

Yep! I should have mentioned that there are a few of TJ's boxed soups that I like and which seem to be pretty good. The organic roasted red pepper and tomato soup is on of my favorite TJ's offerings, and the butternut squash soup isn't too bad either.

... Shel

I also like Trader Joe's single serving soups in a little bag, that have Indian seasoning.

Hmmm - I just returned from TJ's and didn't see anything like that. It seems that not all TJ's stores in this area carry the same items.

... Shel