• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin France 2010 stars revealed!

AlexForbes

So the 2010 Michelin for France is out...

New 3-star on the block? Auberge du Vieux Puits, in Fontjoncouse.

Ten restaurants were bumped up from one star to two.

And, of course, much will be said about Helene Darroze's and Les Ambassadeurs' demotions... Hers, surely due to the London venture. And Les Ambassadeurs, due to the departure of J-F Piège.

Here is the complete list of 3-starred restaurants, and the demotions:

michelin_paris_3stars.jpg

michelin_paris_demotions.jpg

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website

I can't believe there have been no replies/comments to this! What do people think of these results?

I was happy to see the Passage 53 get a star, they deserve it just as much , if not more than Yam T'cha. Bigarrade, not so sure...

Anyone else?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

I think you're right. They've been flagging for ages. I think finally this is a case of David (online food writing) killing Goliath (ie, them). I don't think I've ever seen a Guide Rouge launch drawing less interest. There was, of course, the initial twitterverse/blogosphere frenzy, every Tom, Dick and Harry food blogger hoping to announce the results first. But after a couple hours, it died down and nobody really cared...

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Hello Adrian!

A couple of things that struck me:

I really thought all the **s popping up in Courchevel and Trois Vallees was interesting (and not only because my favourite restaurant in the Alps L'Oxalys got a well deserved **). As I have noted elsewhere I presume Courchevel is partly due to the Russian influence (and their disposable money).

I noticed Moulin de Mougins went up to * (I think). Gosh that place has been up and down like a yo-yo in recent years, right?

On a similarly historic vein didn't Au Crocodile which went to * used to be a *** not too long ago?

ta

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

• 5 weeks later...

I can't believe there have been no replies/comments to this! What do people think of these results?

I was happy to see the Passage 53 get a star, they deserve it just as much , if not more than Yam T'cha. Bigarrade, not so sure...

Anyone else?

So many restaurants, so little time!

On a similarly historic vein didn't Au Crocodile which went to * used to be a *** not too long ago?

Emile Jung retired from Au Crocodile last year. It is now part of the Philippe Bohrer chain: http://www.au-crocodile.com/crbst_27.html and http://philippe-bohrer.fr/restaurant-gastronomique/ so the change is the reason for loss of a star. Bohrer hasn't yet managed to get two stars at his Rouffach restaurant.

Edited by milkman (log)