• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seeking Specific Olive Oil in London

A man in London who either sells engine oil or tea...but sells wonderful Olive Oil aswell? Where is this again?

There is place in London it is a tiny little shop and either sells Motor/Engine Oil or Tea (I cant remember) but he also sells magic Olive Oil apparently. I remember reading it either online or in a paper of some sort. Heading to London this coming weekend so desperate trying to find out where this is before I get there! Any clues no matter how small would be appreciated!

Have it!

20. Best place to buy: Olive oil

Turkish embassy electrical supplies, London

Mehmet Murat in his electrical shop. Photograph: Andy Hall

The most unlikely olive oil vendor in the world? At his electrical supply shop in London's Clerkenwell, Mehmet Murat sells wonderful, intensely fruity oil from his family's olive groves in Cyprus and south-west Turkey. Now he imports more than a 1,000 litres per year. His lemon-flavoured oil is good enough to drink on its own.

76 Compton Street, London EC1, 020 7251 4721, www.planet mem.com