• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Duck

skinnye

Does anyone know where I can get fresh duck legs in Miami? (publix, whole foods, fresh market all say no) I've got a new sous vide rig and want to get my duck confit on.

If you know where frozen can be had that would work too.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I live in Fort Lauderdale, there is a butcher shop called Smitty's. Quite a drive from Miami for some fresh duck, but I used it for my Cassoulet on New Years Eve and it was fantastic. I'd call ahead to make sure they have some. They also carry duck fat! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought of you when I was in my French Supermarket today. They were selling every bit of the duck you can imagine.

If I thought we could get away with it I'd ship you some. Although it fresh its all vacuum packed & I think it would survive the journey.

You alternative is a trip to France.