• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where can I purchase Goya passion fruit puree/pulp?

Look in the frozen section of any ordinary not-too-upscale supermarket in Manhattan. Your best chance of finding tropical ingredients is in predominantly Latino neighborhoods like Washington Heights or further uptown on the Upper East Side toward East Harlem, but I've seen these products in other neighborhoods as well.

Kalustyan's is where I go to purchase frozen fruit purees, but Perfect Puree can be pricey.

I grabbed the last tub of passionfruit puree a few weeks ago. Not sure if they have re-stocked. They can probably tell you over the phone.

You can find nearly all of the Perfect Puree varieties in the freezer section that's in the new half of the store.

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

Thanks. I was actually in Kalustyans a few weeks ago and saw all the fruit purees but did not see the passion fruit. I didn't have time to ask whether that was because they had sold out or because they weren't carrying it. I'll give them a call to see if they've restocked. If you've used the Perfect Puree yet, were you pleased with the quality? I've never used that brand before but some of the flavors they had sounded wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...