• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confectionary class in Wisconsin or Florida July/August 2010?

Lior

It looks quite definite that I will be in Madison, Wisconsin(of all places!!) in July/August. Not sure exactly when. I will also be possibly in Florida- taking my youngest for a visit to Disney Land.

Do you know of any courses around these places? Notter school does not seem to have anything that would interest me. I have written to the Univ of Wisc and have not yet heard back.

Thanks!

Edited by heidih
delete PM content (log)

Lior, it looks like it's about a 2.5 hour drive to Chicago from Madison. Might be worth looking at French Pastry School - they're top notch. Good luck and Welcome to the USA! :smile:

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

And there's the new Callebaut school in Chicago as well...

Be sure to drop in at David Bacco's shop in Madison.

After trying chocolates from pretty much all around the world - I would say his are my favourite. I actually say 'ummm' after almost every chocolate of his that I eat. I don't usually do that!

• 3 weeks later...

I was not familiar with anything in the Madison area during this time period. It was suggested to reach out to the Baking/Pastry Instructor at the Madison Area Technical College and see if she was aware of anything. They are the only real culinary school program in the area. I was told the instructor is supposed to be friendly, so she may have some ideas for you.

Her name is Maureen Egan

Email: MEgan@matcmadison.edu

Phone 608 246-6007

Hopefully this may lead you somewhere.