• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking

stellabella

Having lived 8 years now without a dishwasher (and a family of 5) I actually find washing the dishes relaxing.

I wish I felt the same way about hanging up the laundry! No drier either.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

i have a drier but love to hang my laundry. i have a dishwasher and love to use it :hmmm: sometimes it leaves little specks on the glasses, and my husband throws tirades against it--he never had a dishwasher before we lived in this house., and thinks this one is "useless." ignore, ignore, ignore.

i love cooking, but hate cleaning up. i don't mind cleaning the rest of my house, but wish i had a washing up genie in my dish soap bottle :rolleyes:

Baking is especially therapeutic for me

i'm with you on this! i love a really complicated recipe that requires my complete concentration. the more challenging it is, the more relaxing, in a way, because you simply don't have time to worry about other things in your life. i used to bake all the time in school; now i rarely have the time, which is a real bummer. i'm looking forward to thanksgiving though!

Having lived 8 years now without a dishwasher (and a family of 5) I actually find washing the dishes relaxing.

I wish I felt the same way about hanging up the laundry! No drier either.

while i don't have a family of five i have never had a dishwasherand enjoy the cleanup as well as the cooking. i used to let my husband help but since he is obsessive-compulsive way over the border to neurotic we used to run out of hot water when he rinsed the dishes - and i have a 40 gaollon hot water heater!!!!

odd - i enjoy the laundry and ironing too.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites