• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a bakery in the Portland area who makes Princess Cakes

I love, love, love the traditional Princess Cake/Princess Torte - it's a white layer cake with some raspberry filling, layered with pastry cream, whipped cream domed on top and covered with tinted marzipan.

Do you know of any bakery in the Portland area (or baker) who makes this cake? I tried making one myself but it didn't turn out so well )-: I'm in Beaverton but will travel for Princess Cake....

A cake that looks something like this:

FB+Cake+Collage.jpg

Edited by rosejoy (log)

If Papa's doesn't work out, you could give Broder a call. If they don't make one, they might be able to tell you who can.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”