• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One Meal in Columbus, OH

LaurieB

I haven't spent a lot of time in Columbus, but I have this from a very astute relation whose judgment I trust:

If it will be lunch out and op is not a vegetarian (or diabetic) I would recommend Thurman Cafe in German Village, home of famous burgers.

If dinner, I would recommend either Basi Italia, an intimate Italian place that serves local ingredients in an old house in Victorian Village, or Rigsby's, one of the best restaurants in the city, serving Mediterranean with a great wine list and really great bread.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

Howdy - mike from Columbus here - I guess the "one meal" would depend on what kind of food I was looking for. Kihachi is the best Authentic Japanese I've ever had. Rigsby's is the best Italian I've had outside of New York. Alana's does great locavore cuisine in a unique setting. The Refectory may be the best "deal" on French in the US (seriously, the quality, portions, and presentation are just unreal for the price.) Luce, in Powell, is another gem for Italian, though not as refined as Rigsby's. Worthington Inn is set in an old hotel and the local sourced food is excellent.

Here is a link to my blog and the Columbus tagged restaurants: http://uhockey.blogspot.com/search/label/Columbus

Don't miss Jeni's for ice cream and pistaccia Vera for some sweets.