• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

3 Nights in Paris

Baroloboy

Following a London wedding early February our two families( 8 adults) will decamp to Paris for 3 nights mid-week. Friends have an apartment almost across the street from La Fontaine de Mars (assuming it has survived the Obamania). Given the size of our group and our desire to stay SOMEWHAT close to the 7e., are there suggestions regarding Mars or the numerous appealing Constant outposts also nearby? We’re all fairly adventuresome eaters/winos probably more in a bistro mood. I noticed that Le Clos des Gourmets has an 8 person pvt room as does Tante Marguerite (big fan of the late Loiseau). Le Violon d’Ingres,Au Bon Accueil, Au Petit Sud Ouest---or others? Also considering splurge lunch(? Le Cinq) with charcuterie late dinner back at apartment (? Charles charcuterie nearby). Thanks much.

...with charcuterie late dinner back at apartment (? Charles charcuterie nearby).

Also visit Bellota Bellota just round the corner for a great range of Jamon Iberico de Bellota they usually have 3 or 4 varieties on the go.

I echo Chez L'Ami Jean. For a splurge lunch I would recommend Le Meurice. The room and service are spectacular and Yannick Alleno is immensely talented. The 7th is great for food - Marie-Anne Cantin for cheese, Millet for pastry, Michel Chaudon for chocolate, the Rue Cler market if it is open when you are there.

Thank you for suggestions. We've booked Jean for the chef's menu. Barcelona son excited about the Iberico suggestion (our home supply smuggled in at Christmas has just about disappeared).

We're still looking at the private room at Le Clos des Gourmets one night if any have recs.