• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

7 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

.... the whomp biscuit kind my southern, raised on a farm in TN, from scratch daily biscuit baking grandmother confessed to me that she always did. 🥰

Both sobering and terribly funny.   I have the feeling that that is how I will be remembered.   "Remember Ama's fabulous bread?"   18-hour, no knead.    "Her chicken and dumpligs?"   See above.    And the beat goers on...

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

4 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

.... my southern, raised on a farm in TN, from scratch daily biscuit baking grandmother confessed to me that she always did. 🥰

Both sobering and terribly funny.   I have the feeling that that is how I will be remembered.   "Remember Ama's fabulous bread?"   18-hour, no knead.    "Her chicken and dumpligs?"   See above.    And the beat goers on...