• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thomas Keller interview in Sante

xxchef

There's a nice little up-close-and-personal interview with Chef Thomas Keller (per se, The French Laundry etc) in the most recent (holiday 2009) issue of Sante, an F&B industry publication. I don't think that this magazine is particularly widely distributed but they do have an online version: http://www.isantemagazine.com/food.html. Here's the link to the Keller Article (pdf file): https://www.isantemagazine.com/merchantz/Products/application/pdf/QualityDeterminationandFate.pdf

The Big Cheese

BlackMesaRanch.com

My Blog: "The Kitchen Chronicles"

BMR on FaceBook

"The Flavor of the White Mountains"

Thanks for posting the article.

Excuse my ignorance but it says he won an award for conservation. I went to Bouchon in Yountville last September and remember Bluefin Tuna being on the menu in the form of a sandwich (Bluefin Tuna Nicoise sandwich). The waiter didn't say if it was wild or farmed, I didn't really pay much attention to it at that moment as my mind was so focused on french fries. Aren't they critically endangered or am I missing something?

I brought my parents to per se for my mom's birthday and they spoiled us rotten, my parents will never forget that experience. For that I thanked them a million times.

Interesting article. Here is one of my favorite Q & A:

Quote: "SanTé: You are known for attention to detail. How did you maintain control when you opened across the country?

TK: At that point, as a chef, you have to give up control.

That’s the hardest thing to do. I have always based The French Laundry on a core value of collaboration. It’s about the team. Everybody has an opportunity to influence what we are doing. I’ve always said, “Treat it like it’s yours, and one day it will be!”

Interesting article. Here is one of my favorite Q & A:

Quote: SanTé: You are known for attention to detail. How did you maintain control when you opened across the country?

TK: At that point, as a chef, you have to give up control.

That’s the hardest thing to do. I have always based The French Laundry on a core value of collaboration. It’s about the team. Everybody has an opportunity to influence what we are doing. I’ve always said, “Treat it like it’s yours, and one day it will be!”

• 2 weeks later...