• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foie gras

Does anyone know where I can get fresh foie gras in Vancouver? It's easy enough to find the canned stuff, which is extended with other stuff, but I would like to get a real goose liver. Thanks.

Paul B

Not sure about goose, but duck can be found at many locations. Off the top of my head, Armandos at GI, Gourmet warehouse, Sebastian & Co. I'd be willing to be that Market Meats has it.

edited to fix the name of Sebastian & Co.

Edited by mtigges (log)

Try Jackson's Meats on 4th Ave. If they don't have it, they might be able to point you towards it.

I've also seen foie gras at the Granville Island Public Market. I can't remember if it was duck or goose liver, and unfortunately I also can't remember which meat seller it was either.

Hills Foods carries whole fresh and frozen duck foie gras (grades 1, 2, 3) but I'm not sure they have goose. I'm not certain goose is made in Canada, which means you have to get it in a can. Anyway, last time I bought there I got three whole #2 livers for under 100 bucks which struck me as a totally insane price.