• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Chocolate

merlicky

citrus flavors hide the sweetness of white chocolate in ganache.

Bitter flavors too, like matcha green tea.

Lior is kidding, but dark chocolate is not a bad answer either.

One classic example is the mousse cake with 3 types of chocolate mousse.

Another possibility is a chocolate candy with one layer of white

chocolate ganache and a second layer of dark chocolate ganache.

Edited by ejw50 (log)

Thanks for the responses, I guess I should have been more specific...I was trying to use white chocolate as a coating around a ganache. I added as much cocoa butter as I could while still keeping it viscous enough to cover the center. The truffles looked great, but they were way too sweet.

If I continue with this truffle I will probably reduce the sweetness of the center a bit to try and compensate, or use a milk chocolate to enrobe and use the white in the decorating.

Along Spring's suggestion, you could also dip it afterwards in nuts.

Dip the centers in white chocolate, then crushed pistachio afterwards (for example).

You can also change white chocolates. El Rey white chocolate is not

as sweet as others in my opinion.

You can also change white chocolates. El Rey white chocolate is not as sweet as others in my opinion.

I agree - El Rey is the only white chocolate I can even remotely take - all the others taste like sweetened wax to me.

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.