• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keller To Lv

I understand that "discussions are continuing" on Thomas Keller doing something in LV. The February issue of LV Life had a brief mention that TK and Boulud would set up shop in LV during 2003.

Of course, with the tourist traffic down, gaming revenues down, and SARS issues up, who knows?

LV Life

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

As far as the quality of LV restaurants, I actually preferred the LV Aqua to the SF Aqua.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

But I tell you what if Thomas Keller associates himself with Las VEgas I'm quitting the biz and taking up cotton farming.

so when you give up whatever it is you're doing and become a cotton farmer, are you going to stop posting?

thanks.

Edited by tommy (log)

But I tell you what if Thomas Keller associates himself with Las VEgas I'm quitting the biz and taking up cotton farming.

so when you give up whatever it is you're doing and become a cotton farmer, are you going to stop posting?

thanks.

don't tempt me. I'm a chef...and in this economy I may have to give it up. So I'm going to salt and pepper my own words and enjoy them as they slide down my jaded gullet. Thanks Tom.

If you check out The Venetian website Venetian Webpage, you will find information of TK's newest venture: a spin off of Bouchon.  It will open in the new wing of the Venetian.  Not a full scale French Laundry, but a bistro open from early to late.

Cheers,

Perry

Thanks

that info seems to wrap up several of the threads.

a keller property in the venetian, opening mid-2003. doesn't say so, but it would make sense to have josef at the helm.

let's see if it actually happens...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo