• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tripes à la mode de Caen?

Jake Dear

We’re in the wintry mood for Tripes à la mode de Caen. I have an old (2002) edition of Emmanuel Rubin’s “Gourmet Paris,” listing places by dish -- and for this he suggested Restaurant des Chauffeurs (16eme) – which I think no longer exists? In any event, I would appreciate recommended places for this dish. Bonus: How about a place in Paris (other than Pied de Cochon) for Gratinée?

• 4 weeks later...

Pharamond near Les Halles is where my father in law used to go to get his fill.

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.

• 1 month later...

Mmm, thanks... must try on next trip to Paris! I didn't come across it last time I was there so I bought a can of it and ate it for breakfast the day I left LOL. Pathetic, I know - but I was desperate lol. It actually turned out to be pretty good too lol.