• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Egullet Lunch At An American Grill

Rosie

Lou - count Dana and me in of course......and Kim can have my salad if I can have her hot peppers. Deal Kim?

I have been advised by those that are familiar with such things, to not release my pepper rights. Trying to pull a fast one on an innocent newbie, huh??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

is it too late to add one more - though i may be 15 minutes late- depends on how the traffic is from poughkeepsie. i too am looking forward to acutally meeting the people who's words i read. plus i don't have to be to work till 4 that day.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

is it too late to add one more - though i may be 15 minutes late- depends on how the traffic is from poughkeepsie.  i too am looking forward to acutally meeting the people who's words i read.  plus i don't have to be to work till 4 that day.

Not too late. We need a count by Weds. Nov. 27. The lunch is on Mon. Dec. 2. Looking forward to meeting you.

Name tag alert---Rachel?????

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I forgot to take my name tag home from the eGullet dinner last night in NYC.   :sad:

And it had my avatar on it also.

I really hate name tags but if I could put my avatar on my chef's jacket I'd be very happy. :smile:

My staff already thinks I'm nuts but I do have the kitchen staff in the middle of service asking for T.P. :laugh:

UPDATED LIST

Lou

Kim

Rosie

David--looking forward to meeting you after all these years

pnapoli

1toughcustomer

Dana

TCD-maybe

Nick-

Nick's friend

Suzilightning--Are you going to Poughkeepsie? It is 2 hours from Randolph NJ.

Rachel-"firm probably"

Maybe's--Please try to let us know by Weds. 11/27. Thanks.

Who else?

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I would like to attend but will be doing a ton of travelling over the holiday weekend (Get to leave during tomorrows supposed snowstorm), and doubt I could turn around and do it again on Monday. :wacko:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

O.K., I need to know who's coming as I ordered 2 180 Black Angus 1x1 for Monday. I'm really looking foward to this as I hate turkey. Even bought a fresh one this year so I can complain less as I make a bowlful of pasta exactly 1 hour after the table is cleared.

Enough steak for appox 22 steaks.

Can always run Black Angus as a special.

Happy Turkey Day all, Lou

Nick--Tell Mrs. Nick that the ladies of eGullet would love to meet her.

"MAYBES" --If you can or can't make it please call Chef Lou at An American Grill. Phone: 973-442-9311. Since we are about 11 people any last minute eGulleters would be welcome. Just let us know. Otherwise we may be eating 22 steaks!

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie - perhaps Nick should mention to Mrs Nick, the women of eGullet would love to meet HIM...

That should do the trick!

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

"MAYBES"  --If you can or can't make it please call Chef Lou at An American Grill. Phone: 973-442-9311. Since we are about 11 people any last minute eGulleters would be welcome. Just let us know.  Otherwise we may be eating 22 steaks!

At this point I plan to attend, but may be a late stratch due to work-related obligation -- unfortunately will not know that until Monday. I'll call Lou as early as I know on Monday if I will be dropping out.

The Critical Diner

"If posts to eGullet became the yardstick of productivity, Tommy would be the ruler of the free world." -- Fat Guy

Suzilightning--Are you going to Poughkeepsie? It is 2 hours from Randolph NJ.

i'll be there though perhaps a few minutes late. we are having my father-in-laws 70th birthday party sunday night then we head south early in the day since i have to work from 4-9 pm on monday.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Unfortunately it now looks like I am going to have to pass on this one. A 1/2 day on Wednesday and day off Friday has really left me looking at a lot of work early next week. Sorry to give such late notice but I was trying my best to attend. Lou, I definately plan to stop by in the very near future and will will touch base with you as to when. Everyone else, I hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing about it afterwards.

A.D.S.