• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Egullet Lunch At An American Grill

Rosie

. Would 12:30 be ok?

Well, we know its ok for us...will Lou remmber?? :biggrin:

Seriously, sounds great. Would Lou consider a salad option, for those of us that have a $1000 dollar bet to loose a certain amount of lb's by Jan 1?

edited to add my thanks to Rosie and Lou for setting it up.

Edited by Kim WB (log)

[

Seriously, sounds great. Would Lou consider a salad option, for those of us that have a $1000 dollar bet to loose a certain amount of lb's by Jan 1?

That sounds like an extraordinary prize, KimWB.

Best wishes on your effort!

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

what about the people who work for a living.  :wink:

i promised lou a sunday visit and i am sticking to that promise.  just not this week.  :wacko:

Problem tommy, I'm off on Sunday's though for you I might make a trip to the restaurant

The steaks are on a Monday afternoon. Good excuse for a sick day!

what about the people who work for a living.  :wink:

i promised lou a sunday visit and i am sticking to that promise.  just not this week.  :wacko:

Problem tommy, I'm off on Sunday's though for you I might make a trip to the restaurant

The steaks are on a Monday afternoon. Good excuse for a sick day!

oh sh*t! i've been *very* close to getting in the car on a random sunday to go out to your place (although i'd call first). damn. is saturday better? steak sammies, magic hat and all that good stuff?? :blink::wacko::unsure::unsure:

the day i call in sick on a monday is the day i retire. will you still be around then? :hmmm:

So far we have:

Lou

Kim

Rosie

David--looking forward to meeting you after all these years

Anthony- 85% sure

pnapoli

1toughcustomer

Dana

TCD-maybe

Nick-pretty firm--his words not mine

Nick's friend-same as above

Suzilightning--Poughkeepsie is 2 hours from Randolph NJ

Rachel-"firm probably"

Maybe's--Please try to let us know by Weds. 11/27. Thanks.

Who else?

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Lou--When do you need a final count?

Rosie, I'd like to have a final count by Weds 27th. It would make life easier as I'm closed Thursday for Thanksgiving. We'll either eat at he bar or the new room just to break it in.

Or maybe we'll drink at the bar and eat in the new room.

Or maybe we'll eat at the bar and drink in the new room.

Or maybe......... O.K. I'm in!! :raz:

Lou - count Dana and me in of course......and Kim can have my salad if I can have her hot peppers.  Deal Kim?

Also Rosie beer is fine...but Lou  also has those  great wines.  Which we always look forward to.

I don't like beer so I was hoping Lou would let me have a glass of red wine. :smile:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

An aged NY strip Steak served over Italian bread slathered with garlic butter and topped with potatoes, sweet & hot cherry peppers & onions.

Served with a pint of Magic Hat #9, Boddingtons or Bass or

A glass of Newton Claret '98 (Napa Valley)