• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Couverture: Sources, Favorites, Storage, Troubleshooting

lepatissier

I use Chocosphere and Worldwidechocolate.  Both have great selections, although Chocosphere seems to have more of what I want- in stock.    Worldwide has a great selection and decent pricing (with free shipping offers sometimes), but, alot of times- the items I want are 'out of stock'.   

Both companies offer warm-weather packaging too. I must have over 100 ice packs stuck in one of my freezers now! ha!

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

I buy from Gygi. Their selection is limited but for Callebaut they usually have the best prices. They also offer warm weather shipping.

Elaina

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

Kerry I'll be in NJ for the summer and I'm trying to get myself setup in advance for chocolate making... don't want to get lazy! (And don't want to lug everything from London when I KNOW I can get it all in the US)

Any place to get packaging? Friends and relatives want samples lol! Amazon seems rather pricey and quantities are small. 

So Qzina is in NJ - they handle Callebaut (therefore Cacao Barry) although like to try to sell you their own stuff.  

I know there are some threads about packaging around here somewhere - probably the best source of information.  Papermart seems to be popular.