• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Strawberry caramel

Lior

I made a layer of strawberry caramel and a layer of Kerry's peanut butter in nougat-kind of like in a snickers bar. I cut into small rectangles placed half a roasted hazelnut on top, dipped in Manjari and I like it. Oh I did make a change-I used strawberry liqueur instead of water in the nougat. I will take a photo and post!

Manjari is a delicious 64% from Valrhona. Red fruity taste tones maybe even strawberry-ish. It is grown in Madagascar as said above and is a Criollo and trintario blend. It is beautiful and easy to use.

Strawberry caramel uses mostly pulp for the liquid. PM me for the recipe Amy!

I also noticed its whiteness!! I used organic natural pb! If I recall it was something like 125gr. The nougat started hardening fast so I did not mix it in thoroughly. I cooked it to 132C-is this too high?

It's been a while since I made this nougat - I seem to recall it stiffened pretty quickly when you added the PB. Might be worth seeing if taking the sugar syrup a few degrees lower makes a difference with the firmness.

• 3 weeks later...