• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dilmah tea

nakji

There's an interesting article in today's New York Times about this company. They claim to use superior methods and varieties of tea to competitors such as Twinings. Have you tried their teas? I've seen it in the shops, but I don't tend to buy tea bags, so I've never purchased their product.

Interesting article. This is going on in many parts of the world. Some growers have figured out they can make more money growing quality teas using quality traditional, orthodox methods rather than selling their teas cheaply to the large companies for CTC tea for tea bags. But this is now a fairly large company itself, and I have no idea how their quality compares to the teas I drink.

They have many offerings on Amazon - a few loose leaf as well as tea bags. The loose leaf teas in tins are actually very inexpensive - about $1.25 per ounce. I have never tried any of their teas in any form, but like the high quality Ceylon teas that I have been getting from teasource.com and theculturedcup.com. So if you try any of their teas, let us know what you think.

Of all the teas I tried in my search for my replacment orange pekoe when the one I had been drinking stopped being made - the Dilmah is one of my favorites. Bought 2 boxes yesterday to keep me going for a few weeks.