• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flushing Queens Asian Food Tour

jeffperez62

I can't answer your question per se, but last year I led some friends through Flushing using this New York Times article (note the interactive map link on the left side, and print it before you go) as my primary guide and ending at a Szechuan restaurant. Recently went back out with some friends (led by the lovely kathryn) and we hit even more places on this list (White Bear - excellent). The basement of the Golden Shopping Mall should be experienced.

Edited by daisy17 (log)

I've been living in Queens for about a year and a half, and haven't really explored all the Asian restaurants yet, but I recommend the Great Wall Market (77-00 Queens Blvd. near the PanAmerican Hotel) in Elmhurst, if you want to make a stop at an excellent Asian market.

Some of the Chinese food places in Flushing aren't really big enough to accommodate a large group. I'd do a self-guided tour of 4-6 people and go to the places I mention here.

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

How about Famous Fat Dave

http://www.famousfatdave.com/

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 1 month later...

The golden mall is a good place to start. I would suggest you post this question on Chowhound or mouthfulsfood.. Lots of knowledgeable people and a lot more traffic about the outer-boroughs.

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK