• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jujube preserves

On a recent visit to North Carolina I had a great cocktail called a "Hot Date." It was made with jujube preserves (Chinese red dates?) and I've been looking for them ever since--and on line--to no avail. Can someone help with a NYC or mail order source?

Carlo A. Balistrieri

The Gardens at Turtle Point

Tuxedo Park, NY

BotanicalGardening.com and its BG Blog

Koreans drink a kind of jujube tea call dae-chu cha - it's kind of a dark reddish-black colour. It doesn't have any tea in it, it's more like a jam. Here's a link - If it's what you're looking for, try your nearest Asian/Korean supermarket.

I would add to nakji's post above that if it is anything like the citron "tea" it is meant to be mixed with water and does indeed have a jam like consistency.