• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In-N-Out v. Fatburger

Fat Guy

One of the local mayors refused to let FatBurger into the city.  I find In n' Out boring and did enjoy the other chain esp  with an egg. Much more flavorful - but that was probably 20 yeaars ago...When I did dog adoption events we wer often adjacent to a FB but I was kinda over it. The smell clashed with the mega chain  pasta joint next door. Smelll does affect taste. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, heidih said:

One of the local mayors refused to let FatBurger into the city.  I find In n' Out boring and did enjoy the other chain esp  with an egg. Much more flavorful - but that was probably 20 yeaars ago...When I did dog adoption events we wer often adjacent to a FB but I was kinda over it. The smell clashed with the mega chain  pasta joint next door. Smelll does affect taste. 

I used to attend a yearly convention in Las Vegas. We would always stop at FatBurgers on the strip (closer to the MGM end of the strip). That was my yearly fix for them which was enough.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver