• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[PLAN] Fraiche in Manchester

funny you should mention koffman i had the pleasure of cooking for him here at fraiche just a couple of weeks back,

yes fraiche is at harvey nicks on the 25th of january for one day only so i will do one of my signature menus with matching wines be great to meet some egullet folk there

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN ORGANIZED THROUGH EG FORUMS BY MEMBERS BUT IS NOT SPONSORED BY THE EGULLET SOCIETY FOR CULINARY ARTS AND LETTERS OR EG FORUMS. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY EVENT OR ACTIVITY ARRANGED ON OR DISCUSSED IN EG FORUMS IS AT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RISK. BY USING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE FORUMS YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND (1) THAT IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY EVENT OR ACTIVITY, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO A VARIETY OF HAZARDS AND RISKS ARISING FROM THOSE ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS; (2) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SOCIETY, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND OTHER PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ON ACCOUNT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RESULTING FROM INJURIES AND DAMAGES IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH EVENTS OR ACTIVITIES. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THESE TERMS WILL BE BINDING UPON YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AGENTS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS, AS WELL AS ANY GUESTS AND MINORS ACCOMPANYING YOU AT THE EVENTS.

i will do my very best to bring a touch of fraiche into manchester and it will be a very different feel with the setting though i do have some good help in the kitchen its going to be an arkle reunion with the brigrade from the old days just need to talk simon radley round now and its the full team lol

http://www.harveynichols.com/output/Page693.asp

Monday 25 January

Marc Wilkinson, of Fraiche on the Wirral, will be hosting an evening for just 40 guests this January. Marc achieved Michelin Star Status this year, making him the first to do so in Merseyside, so we are delighted that he will be showcasing dishes from his signature menu at our Second Floor Restaurant.

The evening includes five courses matched with wine, including water. coffee and service charge. All for £90 per person.

Please call 0161 828 8898 to book your place.

Edited by heidih
Move moderator note (log)

• 3 weeks later...

Reprobate number one, reporting for duty.

I'm a bit short of Lear jets though.

It's all true... I admit to being the MD of Holden Media, organisers of the Northern Restaurant and Bar exhibition, the Northern Hospitality Awards and other Northern based events too numerous to mention.

I don't post here as frequently as I once did, but to hear me regularly rambling on about bollocks - much of it food and restaurant-related - in a bite-size fashion then add me on twitter as "thomhetheringto".

Just coppering up for some fuel for the jet !

Looking forward to your event marc , and the full english bapi will be cooking me the next day!

Also hoping to arrange another trip to the wirral, best start checking the sofa for change, aviation fuel is sooo expensive these days!

Heading to that london today for a lunch at petit maison so i'm in training!

you don't win friends with salad

il have to make sure your on a nice table with a view lol

Considering I'm going to be stuck sitting opposite Bapi and Gary I fear that is unlikely if not impossible. If you want to switch me onto the table with Rosamund Pike and Cheryl Cole that's fine though.

Looking forward to seeing you and eating your food again though Marc, it's been too long but what with kids and work I've been struggling to make it out to Oxton. Yes, I fully appreciate that's a poor excuse.

This whole mountain/mohammed thing might be the way forward for you though, come bring that shiny Michelin star of yours to Manchester city centre! I reckon you'd find a few prime sites going cheap right now.

It's all true... I admit to being the MD of Holden Media, organisers of the Northern Restaurant and Bar exhibition, the Northern Hospitality Awards and other Northern based events too numerous to mention.

I don't post here as frequently as I once did, but to hear me regularly rambling on about bollocks - much of it food and restaurant-related - in a bite-size fashion then add me on twitter as "thomhetheringto".

hi there did any egullet folk manage to get a table? be nice to put a face to a screen name :smile:

I am going albeit dining alone in the corner looking

enviously at the high table occupied by TV star Bapi

and the high priest of all Mancunia :-(

hey im sure those kind gents will offer you space on their table with the pink shirts and lear jet keys :wink: failing that pop into the kitchen and join us the rif raf, though it might be a little mad with the arkle boys of old be great to see you though hope you enjoy it

Hi Marc,

I will be enjoying the rare commodity of a childless evening with the other half, however if she begins to get bored of me I may well join you in the kitchen!!! Will Mr Radley be stepping in as your sous chef for the evening?

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Tenerife and am currently skint, so wasnt able to make the booking. Looking forward to being back in funds for visiting Oxton in March. See you then, Marc, and good luck in the Big City.

J

John Hartley

: thanks very much john just filled the car to the roof with my toys and ingredients so ready for the off very soon to Manchester to prep up over the weekend, will push hard to show and give a true taste of fraiche and fingers crossed you guys enjoy it, hope those of you coming have a great night :smile