• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicago equivalent to CK SweetArt?

Aza

I've gotten much of my chocolate for the last several years from Country Kitchen SweetArt. Much of the rest was ordered from Chocosphere- not only are the prices higher on the chocolate I love the best, shipping from more than 1/2 way across the country is pretty crazy. As a result I've ordered less and less from Choco and have made the drive to Fort Wayne. While there I do a little shopping for gadgetry and pick up the 'incidentals'- everything else I need for the chocolate I'm buying. Dusts, cocoa butter, packaging, etc.

It took some experimenting to find chocolate I actually liked- they carry some Callebaut but I'm not crazy about it. Most of what they had was Peter's. A little research, a little tinkering, voila. Chocolate love. :wub: Last year I bought all of my supplies @ CK. No such luck this year. When I didn't see what I was looking for on their website I called and was informed that they did indeed stop carrying every one of the chocolates I was looking for.

Does anyone know of a similar store somewhere in the boundary of Chicago, Detroit, Indy, and Toledo? I'm typing this in Elkhart, IN. Or something similar that isn't on the west coast, making shipping a terribly expensive nightmare?

TIA. :smile: