• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pop Up Restaurants

I'm curious about the 'pop-up' restaurants in London, either the seasonal (xmas) ones or the occasional ones set up for a specific chef to offer dinners without opening a restaurant of their own. What do you know about them in London, and which ones are worth going to? Where do you find info on them?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Pop-up restaurants are happening not just in London but all over the country. It's a fascinating development.

Here's a great resource.

We ourselves have been doing a sort of monthly 'pop-up' in Devon that has proved very popular. We cook in our domestic kitchen at home and carry the food across the road to a wine cellar to serve around 35.

Marc

Pop-up restaurants are happening not just in London but all over the country. It's a fascinating development.

Here's a great resource.

We ourselves have been doing a sort of monthly 'pop-up' in Devon that has proved very popular. We cook in our domestic kitchen at home and carry the food across the road to a wine cellar to serve around 35.

Marc

Yeah that's a great site :) I'm a member too - http://supperclubfangroup.ning.com/profile/SunshineBakery?xg_source=profiles_memberList

Love going to these events and will hold a couple myself this summer in the garden of my bakery in Leeds :)