• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pasta restaurant in Bergen/Passaic/Essex?

SueWho321

My mom is in a physical rehab facility in Oradell ( Bergen County). We live in Essex County. We often visit her after work, then look for a place to have dinner ( around 8-8:30 pm) . We are looking for a place that is known for or has good pasta. Something like Pazzo Pazzo in Morristown. ( homemade pastas, etc) . We'd prefer it be on the way towards home... which would mean anywhere from Oradell/Paramus, down the GSP/Route 17, to the Oranges.

We really want to avoid chains, unless they have exceptional pasta.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

If memory serves me correctly, (and if it is still there) a place called Que Pasta is handicapped accessible and has roomy tables (for wheelchairs). 326 Market Street in Saddle Brook. The food was nice. I can't say I have been back there in maybe 10 years, but it was barrier free back then.

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

que pasta is next to Kessler - in my opinion not worth the five feet walk from that rehab.

15 minutes from Oradel, in a creative route via route 17 to Essex County you are in Glen ROck, Ridgewood or Ho-Ho-Kus -- just answering your quest for Pasta - these are my recommendations:

La Lanterna 29 West Ridgewood Avenue -Ridgewood, NJ 07450.(201) 444-5520 (www.lalanternaofridgewood.com) you will need reservations - casual, fresh homemade pasta specials,

in HO-Ho-Kus - all within a breath of each other:

Janice a Bistro -23 Sheridan Avenue, Ho Ho Kus, NJ .(201) 445-2666

www.janiceabistro.com - small, cosy, homemade pasta specials in addition to regular menu

Cafe Amici - 4 Sycamore Avenue, Ho Ho Kus - (201) 389-6376 (sunday is Mama's gravy day)

Not known for their pasta, however, the only non BYO in my recommendations is the Ho-Ho-Kus Inn - amazing burgers, also dining room specials (fish, limited pasta, beefs)

Glen Rock - 203 rock road, Rocco's - 201-670-4945 - reservations on opentable.com - all homemade pasta, and pasta tastings mid week.

hope these recommendations aren't too late - just noticed your request was in December.......sorry I missed it.........

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 3 weeks later...