• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

X20 in Yonkers, NY?

vloglady

Went once and it was over a year ago so take this with a grain. You might find the menu a bit dated if your base is NYC (to be expected I suppose). But the food is executed well and with quality ingredients. Reminded me of new American circa early 90's like Gotham B&G except with considerably larger portions. (Not a bad thing by any means. Just don't over order). The menu has changed almost completely but the Berkshire pork entree looks close to what we had and it was very good. Same with the Lobster crepe and ravioli with foie. (Venison topped with foie was a serious entree but don't see it on current menu).

The room really is the star. Had we known about the spectacular views would've made a point to get there much earlier for a drink overlooking the river. Sunset would have been perfect but that happens pretty early this time of year. In the dining room try to sit on the left (south) side. Views of the GW bridge and top of the Empire if I remember correctly. Enjoy and report back.

That wasn't chicken

I have dined here a few times and have always found the food quite good. While my review is a bit dated, I can't imagine the restaurant hasn't remained at the top of the Westchester dining scene.

http://www.always-eating.com/2008/02/review-x2o-xaviers-on-hudson.html

Yes the portions are on the larger side and seem a bit dated compared to some top-notch restaurants in NYC. With that said, each dish is packed with flavor. The restaurant's strong suits are in the meat/poultry department, although I've never had a bad fish dish. While it is a heavy starter, I absolutely love the Short Rib and Foie Gras Ravioli, paired with bitter greens and truffle butter. Assuming it is still on the menu I highly recommend it.

always-eating.com