• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[DFW] Green Room Reopens!

Kevin72

The ever resourceful Teresa Gubbins has the scoop. Mike Smith, a previous sous chef there, will be running the kitchen. Club Dada will also be returning in an attempt to revitalize the neighborhood.

I've really, really missed this place since it closed three years ago(!). Many fantastic meals there and a true sense of fun and whimsy permeated the food when they were on.

Edited by Kevin72 (log)

Eats blog has more details. Including a revamped approach to cocktails; I always wished when I was there they could come up with cocktails as innovative as their food. Also I like that both Pierce and new chef Mike Smith play up the "fun" angle to the food.

Though they note that "Feed Me Wine Me" isn't coming back, replaced by "Green Me" with an emphasis on local food and organic wines.

• 3 months later...

Well, blurgh. As if it weren't obvious now in late March, the Green Room reopening has been delayed way past their original January date. Nancy Nichols at D magazine originally posted that the deal was dead in the water, but one of the partners behind the concept popped up in comments to say that they still planned on opening it, despite losing Chef James Pitzer back to Washington state. Teresa Gubbins at Pegasusnews has more.

• 9 months later...

And so the strange, sad saga of Green Room's return comes to an end. Nancy Nichols at Sidedishreports that the restaurant apparently closed over Christmas, with a voicemail there saying they would reopen on Dec. 27.

Green Room had an extended "soft opening" late last summer, then received some strongly mixed reviews (here and here, for example) once it was up and running in the fall.

Frankly the reviews scared me off until I could hear that it found its legs again, but I guess it wasn't to be.

Be glad you did not go. We went in November and it was horrible and did not reflect any of the concepts that were being discussed. They did have feed me wine me, it just was poorly executed with bad food. I wish we would of stayed away.