• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Have an extra copy of Ramon Morato's chocolate book

Sugarnspice

Hi!

I know how expensive these gorgeous books are through the usual channels. I happen to have an extra copy thanks to a good friend and want to offer it to anyone interested.

I listed it on ebay, here is a link (please edit it, if there is a way to get referral fees for egullet, I only found this feature for Amazon):

Ramon Morato's Chocolate book on ebay

As far as I can tell the content is identical, same number of pages, same content on the pages I checked (used random numbers). It has German language where my other one has Spanish.

20091202_IMG_6621.JPG

• 9 years later...
3 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I am familiar with the Morato book but have not actually seen it. Is it primarily technique or recipes, or a mixture?

Its everything chocolate, not just bonbons. There is the usual prologue on how chocolate and tempering work then sections on: 

breakfast & snacks

drinking chocolate

jams & creams

Cakes 

individual cakes

other desserts 

chocolates (bonbons, truffles, etc)

restaurant desserts & petit fours. 

I have the english/Spanish version, 2nd edition in excellent condition except for a small gouge on the spine. I’d have to look up what I paid for it, but would entertain offers. 

43 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Its everything chocolate, not just bonbons. There is the usual prologue on how chocolate and tempering work then sections on: 

breakfast & snacks

drinking chocolate

jams & creams

Cakes 

individual cakes

other desserts 

chocolates (bonbons, truffles, etc)

restaurant desserts & petit fours. 

I have the english/Spanish version, 2nd edition in excellent condition except for a small gouge on the spine. I’d have to look up what I paid for it, but would entertain offers. 

Thanks for the helpful list. Just a rough guess: about how many recipes for chocolates does it contain? For someone who doesn't make the other things listed, how useful is it beyond Greweling et al.?

I would say it's about 150 pages pf chocolate - bonbons, truffels etc as pastrygirl noted down.

Here's a picture of the index.

Not sure how useful it would be if you already have Greweling, but I like it a lot. The chapter about mousses is amazing. Reading about technics etc, for bonbons - I think that Coppel have Morató as one of her main inspirations.

image.thumb.png.b81e5f6f47898437a59600e9e2d600c5.png

LOL. This thread is 10 years old.

Edited by Rajala (log)