• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near Radio City

Carlson1105

Going to the Christmas Show @ Radio City and need dinner advise. Taking our 6 year old daughter, who is well behaved and fairly adventurous when it comes to food. Where could we go at 6:00 on a Friday evening near the theater? No chains or fast food, just somewhere casual and good.

Previn Inc.

Supplier to Fine Restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. This may be too late (I see you posted Dec 1, but I don't go to egullet so much anymore), but our family likes Bond 45 a lot. The food is good enough for grown-ups, and enough is kid-friendly (pizzas, pastas, etc) to keep them happy. Best of all, they sometimes walk around with large baking sheets full of cookies.

my favorite restaurant is around there -- soba nippon. great japanese food, particularly the soba. it's on 53rd (i think) btw 5th and 6th.

eta -- oh, and my experience is that they love kids and my daughter (adventurous eater of my brood) loves it. she loves japanese food though.

Edited by melissafitz (log)