• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

59 minutes ago, paul o' vendange said:

So sorry for any dropped conversations or posts....I have always loved this community.  

Never a need to apologize here. Welcome "back". I realized reading through I had never replied. I have down-sized for many reasons over the years and divested many books.. Never really cook from recipes, just use them as inspiration. I mean the piqued interest I've gotten from males seeing Madeleine Kamman's "When French Women Cook" on the shelf in my little beach kitchen was quite hilarious. She has wonderful stories. And Kim Severson's "Spoon Fed" is always on the nightstand - on top of it though is the one that gives me the most cooking propulsion so I'd have to call it my "one" for now: Melissa Clark's "In the Kitchen With a Good Appetite".

heidih

heidih

45 minutes ago, paul o' vendange said:

So sorry for any dropped conversations or posts....I have always loved this community.  

Never a need to apologize here. Welcome "back". I realized reading through I had never replied. I have down-sized for many reasons over the years and divested many books.. Never really cook from recipes, just use them as inspiration. I mean the piqued interest I've gotten from Madeleine Kamman's "When French Women Cook" on the shelf in my little beach kitchen was quite hilarious. She has wonderful stories. And Kim Severson's "Spoon Fed" is always on the nightstand - on top of it though is the one that gives me the most cooking propulsion so I'd have to call it my "one" for now: Melissa Clark's "In the Kitchen With a Good Appetite".