• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lyon to Orange

jeffperez62

I am flying into Lyon and I will have 10 days sto just wander the countryside in my car. I want to fly out of Lyon when my stomach is full (after 10 days)

I was thinking of driving toward throughout the Rhone.

Where should I eat?? What towns are "must see's"

Ground Rules:

1) No dressing up for dinner (business casual is fine)

2) I will eat anything. My wife is not a huge meat eater, she eats a lot of fish and veggies, but on trips like this, she is flexible.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

A couple of suggestions - if you head into the southern Rhone Le Grand Pre is exceptional. Also La Beaugraviere in Mondragon (if the truffle season has started). Guy Julien's truffle and potato salad is worth driving further than from Lyon for!

You could also try a truffle omelette at the Richerenches Saturday morning truffle market. At Richerenches the serious truffle selling action is round the corner from the little retail market.