• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Guide 2010

Also another (smaller) blow to GR, his pub The Narrow lost its Bib Gourmand.

Is that because of quality or because of price? You only qualify for a bib if you are below a certain price point (anyone know the 2010 figure?) so your quality may rise but if your prices do you may lose the bib. And no, bibs are not the level below a star, it is a different system.

Just read here that Ramsay expects to win the star back. According the current head chef Steve Allen "inspections by Michelin had taken place 'many months ago' when the situation at the restaurant was very different". So that'll be when Mark Sargeant was running it then?

What a load of ......!

Cheers, Howard

Really surprised Corrigans did not get one, it seems so very Michelin.

Great food,excellent service,prime site,Michelin history.

Where did it go wrong?

It probably did not go wrong, Corrigan at the Grosvenor House only opened in early November which will have given Michelin no more than a good month for their assessments before the guide went off to print. I could well imagine that they want to err on the side of cautiousness on this one.

Edited by ameiden (log)

A year and a month more like, did Corrigans not open in late 2008?

Correct - I ate there in Feb '09. I didn't expect it to get a star, nice place but not great food, had one main dish comped due to cooking errors.

Had dinner at the recently (re)starred Peat Inn in Fife and must say the Scots offer you a quality of materials and quantity which are just impossible in London at similar prices. A well-deserved star in my opinion.

Still rooting for a star to 63 Tay Street in Perth, though.

Has anyone been to Bingham in Richmond?

Had a scorchingly good meal there in May 2008. Found it by chance on TopTable when they were trying to establish the restaurant and get punters through the door with a 50% discount. It would have been scorchingly good at full whack and I'm chuffed to see Shay get a star so quickly.

John Hartley